Friday, February 18, 2011

Having a second child is alot harder than what I expected.  I just thought things would be different... not neccesarily better or worse... just different. But it has definitely been hard. I've wanted to write my son's letters and take more pictures and write his birth story... but things have gotten in the way.
Breastfeeding, baths, story time, legos, cuddling, napping, coffee breaks, water breaks, cookie baking, coloring and having my arms occupied by a beautiful baby have gotten in the way... and I couldn't be happier.
Iden has been amazing. He is so proud to be a big brother. He is understanding and loving and simply proud. He wants to show everyone his baby brother and tell them all about him. It's so precious and beautiful. He loves to hold Gage. In the morning waking up Iden used to be difficult, he's much like his mama and loves sleep. Now I walk in there and ask if he wants to cuddle with his brother... His eyes open immediately and he scoots over to make room and gently holds his brother in his arms. He sings a song to him that he made up about how much he loves him. He gives him "kissing hands". He tells him that he will always protect him. I knew that he would be a great big brother but he has gone far beyond what I expected.
Phillip is so handsome when he holds our son. I never experienced those late night diaper changes and feedings with Iden's dad... it was just me. They were different moments. It was bonding between me and Iden. This time I see bonding between Gage and his father. Priceless. Gage smiles so big when Phillip changes his diaper. For the past 8 weeks Phillip has had so much strength and understanding helping me with the boys and helping me get thru post partum issues. He is so deeply in love with our boys. I couldn't ask for a better husband or father for my children. I fall in love with him more and more every day.
As for Gage, he is already 8 weeks old and I packed away all newborn size clothing. He doesn't look like a newborn anymore. He has already grown so much. He is strong just as I knew he would be. He has a strong grip and he has been holding his head up since he was about a week old. He is alert and has beautiful bright eyes. He loves this little family and we adore him. Last night Gage slept from 10:30pm - 5:30am... it was amazing! I love him so much.

1 comment:

  1. Awe u made me cry I'm so.glad Phil is great w iden n that iden is so good w gage..the boys love makayla but iden is so involved the boys r like whatever lol...ur a strong beautiful mommy..!!

    ReplyDelete