Saturday, January 21, 2012

Cheesy Egg Puffs

One way that I am trying to be a better mother and wife is in the kitchen. I tend to cook the same few things every week for breakfast, lunch and dinner. My kids are not picky eaters, I love that about them! My kids will try anything I place in front of them... so why am I making boxed mac and cheese again? Because it's easy... because I know I can make it... because I get scared when I see a new recipe!

This needs to change. I need to change. For myself and my kids. I want variety. I want healthy. I want to make my family feel love and joy in the meals that I make. So... here come some recipes! In advance, I'm not a great photographer and most photo's are taken with my phone.


Cheesy Egg Puffs
Makes 4 servings
Adapted from Deceptively Delicious

Ingredients:
2 whole eggs
4 egg whites
2 TBS Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
3/4 C cauliflower puree
1/4 C shredded Cheddar Cheese

1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Coat 4 ramekins or coffee cups with cooking spray and set on a baking sheet. (I prefer using ramekins... probably because I love my orange ones so much!)

2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, egg whites, cauliflower puree, cheese, flour, baking powder, salt and pepper. Pour the mixture evenly into 4 ramekins. Top with extra cheese (my family loves cheese).


3. Bake for 20 minutes or until the eggs are puffed up. 


These are so light and yummy. I have a 5 year old and a 1 year old and both of them loved this! They will be really hot so allow to cool for a bit. I took the egg out of the ramekins for my boys and sliced them up to help them cool faster. Let me know if you try this and what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment