Monday, January 16, 2012

Rise Up!

It is already 7:00 in the morning when I begin writting this and I am feeling really great this morning. I began the Hello Mornings Challange today and so far I am off to a great start. So far I have made breakfast for myself and my husband, made him a lunch, got a 2 loads of laundry done or going, and I did my morning bible study. The Challange comes from Inspired to Action and it is to motivate women to do wake up early to do three things: Study God's word, Exercise, Plan. God has been pulling at my heart for so long that I need to be a morning person. This is for me. I can't do this alone but with HIM.
I have never been a morning person but oh how I long to be. I have never been great at being consistent with studying God's word but I want to. I want to exercise. I want to plan my day, my children's days, our meals.

I want to be intentional.

That is what it comes down to. I want to be more and do more. Not for myself. I want to be more and do more for my God because that is what He has called me to do.
I want to be a better wife.
I want to be a better Christian woman.
I want to be a better mother.
I want to be in better shape (after baby of course).
I want to be healthy.
I want my children to be healthy.
I want to have purpose and fulfillment in my days.

It is the new year and many people have made resolutions (I'm sure many have already ended their resolutions). I did not make any. Partially because there are so many things that I want to change daily or monthly. I have goals that I have not written down but need to. Yesterday in church our pastor said something that has stayed on my heart:
"Setting a goal to make a name for ourselves does not impress God."

I want to look at my goals and determine if it is truly just for me or is it ultimately for the glory of God. I want to impress God. I want to do something more with myself even though in this season of my life I am only a stay at home mother and wife. God change me, use me!

I'm looking forward to the changes that will be coming.


Becky


2 comments:

  1. Girl. never ever say you are "only" a stay at home mommmy and wife...You are raising up strong little men, shaping lives, making a difference every single day! I know it doesn't always feel like it, but we are so much more than just stay at home momma's. Loved this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow your blog is so cute! I just realized how not-computer savvy I am lol! nicely written :) I have also been feeling the need to be more self motivated in pretty much every area... for the right reasons!

    ReplyDelete