Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Yummy Tummy Smoothie

My game plan this morning was to make some yummy and healthy muffins. I didn't read the recipe last night and I didn't wake up early enough this morning to get it started. The oats for the muffins needed to soak in milk for 1 hour. The boys were already up and hungry! Think fast mom! I am trying hard to add more healthy choices into our meals throughout the day and also more variety (there is only so much oatmeal and cereal a woman and two boys can take). So I looked at Iden and said, "smootie?" His eyes lit up and he shouted while jumping in the air with his fist up "YEAH!". Man I love his enthusiasm!

I tried looking on pinterest for a smoothie recipe and couldn't find anything I liked or anything that I had everything on hand of. I looked on my favorite cooking/baking sites and the same thing. So we created our own and Iden gave it the name: "Yummy Tummy Smoothie!"... because it is yummy in his tummy DUH!


Yummy Tummy Smoothie
Makes enough for a hungry preggo mama, a 5 year old and a little for a 1 year old.

1 cup milk
2 TBS yogurt (we used Strawberry yogurt)
1 TBS honey
2 TBS protein powder (vanilla flavored) (optional)
1 banana
1/2 apple
1 cup strawberries
2 handfuls of spinach
1 cup ice



Blend it up and enjoy! Both of my little men enjoyed it so much I had to give them some of my portion.


What are your favorite types of smoothies? I'm thinking about making more to give me and these little men more fruits and veggies!


Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment